Curbside Recycling Program Details
- Cost per month is $10.00 for residential (quarterly billing)
- **Effective June 1, 2022 this price is increasing to $12.00 per month
- Cost per month is $17.00 for businesses (quarterly billing)
- **Effective June 1, 2022 this price is increasing to $19.00 per month
- Western provides a rolling 95 gallon container
- All material can be comingled (mixed) together! No sorting necessary.
- Your container will be serviced every two weeks on the same day as trash pickup(in most cases)
- Container must be placed at least 4 feet apart from trash containers
- Neighborhoods outside of the city limits will be included in the program on a case by case basis, depending on participation levels in area & distance from city limits.
There are 6 holidays that affect the schedule of the curbside recycling program:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
If your scheduled recycle day is on or after one of the listed holidays during a week, your recycle day will be one day later. If the holiday falls on a weekend day, then the following week schedule will not be affected.
Accepted Items in the Container Include:
Mixed Paper Products: Newspapers, Magazines, Phone Books, Catalogs, Cardboard Boxes, Cereal Boxes, Frozen Food Boxes, Paper Towel Cores, Office Paper, Note Pads, Index Cards, Coated Paper, Brochures, Envelopes, Manila Folders, Junk Mail, etc.
Plastics: All plastic beverage and household cleaner containers #1 and #2 only (must be rinsed of contents)
Tin and Aluminum Cans: (must be rinsed of contents)
Items that Cannot be Placed in the Container:
Glass, Plastic Bags, Plastic #’s 3-7, Medical Waste, Food Waste, Packaging Materials(peanuts, bubble wrap, Styrofoam).
If you have any questions concerning whether or not a material is recyclable contact us and we’ll let you know.
*This comingle recycling program will also be available to businesses within the city limits. Cost is $17.00 per month for 2 week service.